Monday, July 28, 2008

long time, no blog

The summer doldrums set in on my drive back from Texas. My apologies to the reader. Will get back to regular blogging soon.

Quote for the day from Patrick Henry, one of my favorite outspoken people: "For my part, whatever anguish of the spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth - to know the worst and provide for it."

And one for inspiriation to keep going on the journey, from James J. Walker: "The blues of mental and physical wear and tear are not as devastating as the yellows of the quitter."

2 comments:

Carol said...

I think you need to get the blues and have the doldrums set in at times, because that means we'll really appreciate and savour those good times when they happen along, and they will surely as the sun rises, happen along again in the future.

And anyway, what's this "reader" (singular). I'm sure there are many readers who happen upon this blog, perhaps they read and just don't comment?

Lisa Beth said...

Good thoughts about the blues - and I do like blues music, so I guess that quote just caught my attention.

"Reader" was just a literary term, nothing else! :-) I've actually had a reader from Japan once, which makes you wonder how people come upon blogs to read.

Speaking of reading blogs, I should scoot over and read yours, I'm SO far behind. Sorry!