Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Off the Blogger Bandwagon

Well, I've fallen completely off the Blogger Bandwagon. Have been having a relaxing summer, taking care of the million little details of life I'd let slide in the craziness of end of term papers and then the rush of summer vacation. By end of week, I should be organized and ready to begin preparations for the fall term.

There will be pictures to post, as soon as I can figure out how to put a slideshow feature on this blog. My brother Glen has been up to Boston for a visit, and there are heaps of travel photos to put together.

In the meantime, two quotes have caught my eye and have me pondering. A Chinese proverb in honor of the Olympics: A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man without trials. And from Simone Weil: Life does not need to mutilate itself in order to be pure.

Strike a balance between the two - some trials for personal improvement, but no need to go overboard. I like that philosophy.

No comments: