Monday, August 25, 2008

kick start

I'm having a hard time getting back into the habit of blogging. RevGalBlogPals is a blog I read frequently, a group of clergy women supporting and challenging each other through their blogs. Every Friday they post questions to answer on your own blog. It's Monday, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Might kick start my blogging again, who knows?

Here goes - it's a "calendar related Friday Five"

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
This is a mess for me. I keep a United Methodist planning calendar nearby - it has all the lectionary readings for Sundays, all church dates, major holidays, etc. I like to look at a month at a time. My brother Neal gave me a Franklin Covey planner a few years ago, and I use that one too (mostly). James gave me a Palm Pilot, which I tried to use, but never got the hang of seeing a day at a time on the little screen. When I had an office, I tried putting appointments into my Outlook, so my computer beeped at me along with my Palm Pilot. I'm confused!

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
I tend to forget to pay the rent when I'm near the end of a term. My landlords are very kind about it. During that time, I'm completely focused on reading and writing rather than anything else.

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
August 8th - James and I went out for Japanese food to celebrate dear friends' 15th anniversary.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
I'm sure my teenagers could tell you several items, but I can't think of one.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
My grandmother made a delicious date bread. Love it. But just dates? Not so much.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Okay you. I have the most delicious date muffin recipe which I will dig out and send you. Eat one of those and you'll never look back.