Saturday, October 4, 2008

Waiting...waiting...

Okay, so I made a post about dates, and the next day James told me I'd missed a friend's birthday. And then I didn't get another friend's card in the mail and settled for an e-card. Still don't know if that gift from online got there. Add those to the lack of posting and I'm just making everyone wait! Not to mention that Carol has my mouth watering waiting for the date muffin recipe now. :-)

I spent most of today waiting in the ER. Mary Grace fell at ice skating practice and hurt her wrist. I think her hip landed on it. It's bad enough for xrays and a temporary cast, but not bad enough for them to say it's broken for sure. We'll go see an orthopedist next week to find out.

Of course, this just caps the week we've had. Last Saturday in the pouring rain, I had a fender bender, so now my car is in the shop getting un-bended. Mary Grace was sick two days and missed school. We postponed our apple picking and fall leaf looking trip, which is good because I have two major presentations next week. As in ... read this 300 page book, write a two or three page summary, a two or three page critical analysis, and be ready to answer questions from classmates on it. Argh!

Monday will be call the doctor day. We need to know if her wrist is really broken or not. And I need to know what's up with the nodule and cyst in my right breast. As if there wasn't enough on my plate already!

Celia is studying up for her driving permit, also practicing madly for the orchestra chair seating audition next week. Both girls are helping with housework while I study, which is very nice.

What an update, huh? :-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hi Lisa Beth!

I'm a Texan making the move to Boston next month (just in time for Winter!) and was surfing through some MA blogs to...I don't know, get a feel for the area maybe? :)

anyways, I stumbled across yours and noticed that you're studying theology, which leads to my assumption that you may be able to give me some advice, if you're willing. How might I go about finding a church/community of believers in Boston?

thanks,
Sarah

Lisa Beth said...

Hi Sarah, and blessings on your journey! You'll have just a bit of fall to get your used to things before winter really sets in.

For your search, I'd suggest that you start with your denomination first - they might have a website to help find one near you. If not, then I'd start with the ones closest to your new home and give them a visit.

Things up here are a lot closer together than in Texas. You should be able to find a church or community that fits fairly easily. Feel free to email me if you want to chat more!

Carol said...

I got it, I got the present! Love it thank you. And yes, date muffin recipe will be on its way soonest.