Monday, January 5, 2009

It's that time again

It's time to pack up the Christmas decorations. Today I took down the Epiphany star we have hanging out on our balcony. Mary Grace made it from a Martha Stewart pattern, it's light stars strung together, so pretty.

I have to confess that I'm ready for Christmas to be done. I like having all my decorations out, the old familiar story books, each of the ornaments that hold cherished memories of family and friends. Memory and nostalgia are nice, but there comes a day when it's time to shift focus and look toward the new year.

That day is today. Celia has been working on a major room re-organization project for the girls. I've been working on calendars and scheduling issues. It feels good to be ready for whatever comes next.

In late 2007 I started the habit of kneeling to pray every evening. That habit has given me strength and courage to face the challenges placed in my path. I've been thinking about my blog title, and it's really true - I didn't plan to be here, in this place, in these circumstances... but I do like it, and with the grace of God, I'll make it through another year.

Enough with philosophical mullings, it's time to pack up another box.

No comments: