Thursday, March 26, 2009

what are they gonna say?

So I was procrastinating this evening because I'm tired... and it occurred to me that I don't want people to come to my funeral and say "Sheesh, she was always so tired!" "Yeah, I'll bet she dropped from exhaustion finally." "You know she always wanted a peaceful life, and now she's got it."

No way!

I realize that it's been an extraordinarily busy last two weeks. And I also realize that I haven't been eating right. But I'm working to eliminate excuses and work toward my goals, so I'll just own up to being part of the "tired" problem and make small changes each day for the next month to improve things. No need to heap guilt on top of the exhaustion, hey?

Recently I've had several blog thoughts but not enough time to write them out. Hopefully as I make the small changes toward not being so tired, I'll have a few extra moments in my week to blog more often. I want to share about the high school students on my early morning train, lots of changes in nature, road trip adventures with the girls, and interesting things I'm reading. But not tonight. Tonight, I'm going to honor my body's need for a good night's rest. Peaceful dreams everybody.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Good girl. We are our own gifts, there's only one body so we have to look after it - mind, body and soul.

With the funerals I've been to in the last while, and wandering around listening to snippets of conversation afterwards, it is interesting to realise that everyone thinks of you in their own individual ways, but yeah, I've often wondered what I will be remembered for.

dguzman said...

Are you getting more rest now?

Carol said...

Hey LB, there's a surprise for you on my blog.

http://pins--needles.blogspot.com/2009/04/girls-night-out.html

Hope you like it.

dguzman said...

Hey you--get back to blogging! It's summer!