Friday, June 12, 2009

another friday five

It's Friday. That to-do list of mine...it's not done. The most important stuff for Sunday is done, but all the other important stuff, well, I should get to it today. It might help if I find all the scraps of paper strewn around the house with the different bits of the to-do list stuff on them....

Meanwhile, in the spirit of procrastination, I'll answer the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five for your entertainment. It's all about grocery shopping in honor of a Trader Joe's opening:

So in honor of the new Trader Joe's, this week's Friday Five is all about food shopping.


1. Grocery shopping--love it or hate it?
I love it. Actually like grocery shopping several times a week, little trips just picking up what we need for meals.


2. Who is the primary food shopper in your household?
Me! Lucky me. But Celia has appointed herself the primary "Put Away" person because she is so organized.


3. Do you have a beloved store like TJ's which is unique to your location or family?
No, not really. There's a Shaw's down the street from our apartment, so I can walk to the store. But the stores in Texas have tortillerias, so I can get fresh tortillas anytime. I miss that ALOT.


4. How about a farmer's market, or CSA share, as we move into summer? Or do you grow your own fruits/veggies/herbs?
There are two farmer's markets in town we can walk to, but only one is fairly local. I don't know where farmer's markets are in Texas, I'll have to search for one. I used to have a garden and sold my produce at the Walker County Farmer's Market, when the girls were really young. Just load stuff up in the back of the truck, park next to the other folks, drop the tailgate, and voila! Farmer's Market. lol


5. What's the favorite thing you buy at the grocery store?
I don't have a favorite thing to buy. There are lots of things I buy regularly, lots of juice and milk and stuff.

No comments: