Friday, December 7, 2007

September 18, 2007

They forgot to tell me when I crossed the line. I didn't even see it. But cross it I did, my, yes.

It's the "You're Old" line.

The kids ~sigh~ yes, kids in my Anthropology class are closer in age to my kids than to me. They talk over my head about bands and concerts and clubs. They can read faster than me. And now - ack! - our prof has us critiquing each other's weekly papers. So this kid "graded" my paper today. Egads. He did a good job. Wrote all over my paper. Don't ever give him a red pen!

I'm glad for it though, because his major (and most of the class too) is Anthropology and I've never had a class about this - ever. So not only am I older than most of the class, I'm on a sharper (steeper?) learning curve than they are too.

But I figure, if my kids think I can climb Table Mountain, then maybe just maybe I can climb Grad School Mountain too. Even if I have crossed the line.

No comments: