Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

It's Thanksgiving, time to tell God what we're truly grateful for in our lives, and have some turkey too. There's so much that I'm grateful for.

A few years ago, I kept a daily gratitude journal. Each evening I'd write down three things that I was grateful for, as a sort of prayer. Reading back over them, it was the simple things that I wrote over and over - a cup of tea, a hug from my daughters, my husband, flowers, even oatmeal made the list several times!

It is the simple things that I'm most grateful for - they are what makes life worth it. When James makes me a cup of tea, it's not earth shattering. World peace doesn't break out. Problems don't magically disappear. But I know, without a doubt, that he loves me. He shows that he cares in a very simple way. And I am so grateful for that and for him.

Other Thanksgiving gratitudes: my daughters, fall in New England, Macoun apples, new books to read, my professors, the challenge of new things to learn, the support and love of family, and the unfailing love of God.

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments: