Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fiery Fall Colors

It's peak foliage season up here in New England. Last weekend we went apple picking in New Hampshire. The traffic going north was crazy! I guess most of Boston had gone out to see the leaves. We decided to avoid the freeway traffic and take back roads home. Well who knew Vermont was SO far west? LOL We watched the sunset from the rolling mountains of eastern Vermont, and the moon rise over the river and hills of northern Massachusetts. Stunning.

The colors around our home now are at peak color. There is a line of cedars and black locust trees (I think they are black locust trees) behind our home, against the train line. The cedars stay green, but the other trees have gone a beautiful golden color, and the tiny leaves rain down with each stiff breeze.

Today is the Head of the Charles Regatta. Lucky me, I have to go down to the university to study, so I'll get to see all the people, the boats on the water, gorgeous blue sky and the trees, beautiful trees! ~happy sigh~

Time to get outside and enjoy the day... :-)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Autumn would have to be the most glorious season of all, it's my favourite. I can only imagine the beautiful colours you're seeing.