Friday, October 31, 2008

Bee Nine

Quite difficult to spell, but such a lovely word.

Benign: from the Latin benignus, to beget (how ironic!)
1. of a gentle disposition, gracious
2. showing kindness and gentleness
3. of a mild type or character that does not threaten life or health

Yay! :-) I'm bruised but benign. Quite a nice word to receive this All Hallow's Eve. I should have had a bee costume with the number nine on my back today!

In celebration, I watched last week's episode of Amazing Race. They were in Cambodia and mostly at Angkor Wat and Temple Bayon. Such lovely places, and I feel quite sacred. They showed the steep steps that I climbed to reach the higher levels, and the large Buddha statue at Bayon that I took a photo of just before we left. Such a shame they were just running through and not taking time to sit, breathe and enjoy the serenity. How I wish I could get back there!

For now, I will continue to be grateful to God, and to keep focus on my priorities. There's so much work to do. I think I'll avoid looking at the calendar for the rest of this evening, continue my celebration, and think about school again tomorrow.

Bee number nine signing off! :-)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh LB, THANK GOD !!!! I'm saying a quiet prayer of thanks right now.

{{{{hugs}}}}