Wednesday, March 26, 2008

week three begins

Tuesday I went for the first run of week three. After Carol's wonderful encouragement, I thought I could tackle it. I almost did.

Week three is a five minute warm up walk like the previous two weeks, but the run intervals are very different. First a 90 second run followed by a 90 second recovery, then a three minute run.

Not much, you say?

It sounded like THREE IMPOSSIBLY LONG AND DIFFICULT MINUTES!!! to me. But I did the positive talk in my head and thought about Carol's encouragement and went for it. Managed to make it all except for the last 20 seconds of the first interval.

Then a three minute recovery walk, and another three minute run. During the second interval, I had to walk on the peak of the uphill - just about 15 seconds in the middle of the interval.

So...almost but not quite. We'll see how it goes on Thursday. It will be a welcome break from the high intensity writing I've been doing for two straight days.

No comments: