Thursday, May 1, 2008

finals have overtaken

Well, I made it back to Week Five runs. After a week of feeling awful, I tried to do a week five run, and just couldn't do it. Went back and ran week four again, then ran the first day of week five with Celia. She's a great motivator. Even grabbed my sleeve and dragged me along at one point.

Last week I went out for day two of week five, which is two eight minute runs, and I did them both! I was SO stoked, really proud of myself.

Pride goes before a fall, and I've fallen behind. Final papers and projects have taken over every spare moment. I even wrote last Saturday, sitting in the food court at the mall while the girls went shopping for a dress (semi-formal is Friday night). Bad mom moment, sitting and writing instead of shopping?

Perhaps not. All things turned out fine. Celia's got a beautiful emerald green dress and we found great shoes this afternoon. The paper I was working on is turned in, and two more have been written since.

I hope to get back to those week five runs by the end of this week, because the Melrose Run For Women is on May 11th - and that's the 5k I'd hoped to be ready for - we'll see if I make it. I've sent in the check and the entrance forms, so the girls will be running with me. :-)

Say a prayer for the United Methodist Church - they are meeting in Ft Worth to work on our denomination. I've been watching most of it by webcast, and the delegates are working hard. It's not easy, so keep praying.

1 comment:

Carol said...

GOOD LUCK FOR THE RUN !!!!!! I'll be thinking of you.