Monday, May 19, 2008

loyalties

I feel divided.

ESPN is broadcasting an Astros game tonight. Quite pleased to see our hometown team again, we're watching the game. It's agony.

Who is this new pitcher? And why oh why are the Good Guys letting the Cubs do things like an In The Park home run??? Argh.

Only after I started yelling at the pitcher and hit the mute button so I didn't have to hear the replay of that home run again, did I realize something... I'm wearing a Red Sox shirt today.

You can't help but like the Red Sox. They suffered through the Curse of the Bambino for so long, and their fans are really devoted. (well, Boston fans are really devoted to ALL their teams) Fenway is the oldest ballpark in the nation, and it's right down the street from BU. I'd love to go to a game someday. It's cheaper to buy a shirt and watch at home, so I bought a shirt.

And started watching the Astros game! LOL Divided loyalties I guess. Funny thing is, I'm normally a really loyal person. I guess I haven't given up the Astros, but have taken on the Sox as team number two.

Lance Berkman is up to bat - Tejada just had a double and stole to third, so I gotta go. :-)

No comments: