Friday, June 6, 2008

Bookshelf

One thing that is really hard about having homes in two places (aside from being apart from my husband) is that my books are in two places.

I collect books like other women collect pretty plates or jewelry. I love reading and re-reading my books.

Tonight I went through the ones here in Boston and put them on my "Shelfari". When I get to Houston, I'll add the rest. I own the complete works of Agatha Christie, all of Laura Ingalls Wilder, a bunch of Nancy Drew books, as well as lots of theology. Some of my favorites are what we've kept from when the girls were young enough to be read to each evening. I miss that.

The local high school graduation ceremony is tonight. Celia and I saw the football field preparations when I picked her up from violin lesson. Two years from now, we'll be sitting there watching her graduate. For tonight though, she's off to a friend's house for pizza and Rock Band. Lucky me, she's getting a ride home. I just don't have the energy to be out driving tonight.

The Boston basketball team is in the playoffs or something. My upstairs neighbor watches all the Boston sports teams. Last night's game must have run late and been very exciting, if the expletives and applause are any measure. Just as I dropped off to sleep, something worth cussing or cheering would happen...rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

I'm going to cuddle up with one of my books now, and hope that the basketball game is NOT on tonight. Sleep is beckoning, and dreams of Jamie and Claire await......

No comments: