Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Annual Conference and Other Stuff

Last week I was in Houston for Annual Conference - for you non-United Methodists out there, that's the term for our geographic area (east Texas) and for our once a year meeting with all the clergy from our area and lay representatives from every church in our area. I was glad to go, since I love Annual Conference week, and because I got to stay with James!

Arrived on Saturday 24th, a day full of small happinesses. Shopping together, James treating me to new cell phone, so cute and pink! A tour of his new offices and warehouse – suits him so much, very neat and tidy. Picking out a few groceries together, grilling steaks and corn for dinner. He made me a cup of herbal tea with local honey when my cough started up again. Small happinesses. Years ago he told me that it was the small things all added up that make a difference in life. Certainly spending time doing the everyday things of life with my husband is a well of small happinesses. Oh yeah, don’t forget the Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream! My, oh my, how I’ve missed Blue Bell ice cream.

Yesterday was our eighth wedding anniversary. The local grocery store has started carrying Appletizer, so the girls and I toasted with a glass of bubbly apple juice, a real taste of South Africa. Yummy. Just like our wedding was more than the day, the celebration this year has been spread out over several days too. Wonderful! We are very blessed.

More posts about Annual Conference and running in Houston to come.

No comments: