Friday, June 6, 2008

Random

Your regularly scheduled Annual Conference blog posts will be back shortly.

Random stuff in my head today:

It's June. The temps here haven't made it out of the 50's in four days. Woohoo! I've never lived in a place that has highs in the 50s in June. It's cool!

There are way more sparrows than other birds. At least at the feeders in Boston and Houston.

I worry about freckles and moles. Should go see a dermatologist once a year. Can't wait for the insurance to get sorted out. It's past time for another mammogram too. I don't want to worry if something weird is growing in there, especially after last year. Wish the doctor would call with the pap results.

Weight. ARGH!!! I don't have a scale in my house and now I know why. It's exactly the same number that it has been for the past two and a half years. It's beyond frustrating!

Have I not completely changed my diet and lifestyle? Twice or more a week Whataburger lunch? No more. Once a week Tex Mex lunch? No more. Greasy pizza buffet? No more. Twice a week or more Starbucks? Down to once a month or less. Use more vinaigrette than ranch dressing. Cut out carbonated drinks altogether.

I take the stairs whenever possible. Drink plenty of water. Started a regular exercise program. Eat more salads. And yet .... there is it.... that number.... mocking me! ~sigh~

James and the girls said (independent of each other) "muscle weighs more than fat". Ok, fine. So explain how that number can be EXACTLY the same? Sheesh.

I can just hear James cueing up his best Scar (from Lion King) imitation... "Life's not fair!" and he's SO right.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I wholeheartedly agree with the muscle weighs more than fat. So the biggest test really is measure. Even on days where the scale isn't your friend, you may have lost inches. It's all such a mind game.

Lisa Beth said...

No kidding - and the measure is all these clothes that are just as tight around the waist....

~sigh~

Laura said...

You wouldn't believe the herd of 40-something women I know with the same lament. It's horrible. The more you do, the less it shows or falls.

I miss Whataburger! We don't have them in Kansas City! We also don't have Braum's, something I don't think Houston had, either. It's an ice cream franchise that happens to sell THE best hamburgers.

Hm, for some reason, I'm starving...

Lisa Beth said...

They had Braum's in Dallas, but we didn't get there much. James makes awesome grilled burgers, so we had those at home.

Well, at least I'm in good company with the weight thing. And soon, I'll be back in Texas for my Whataburger fix! I like their breakfast tacos best.